Fertility Naturopath Perth: Conditions Treated
Two important things need to be said about treatment at this Perth naturopathic clinic.
Firstly, we do not just treat fertility issues. It is a general practice and patients come for a wide spectrum of health problems.
Because of our experience and expertise however, the treatment of infertility with homeopathy treatment and naturopathic principles has grown over the years. It now comprises about twenty-five percent of all presenting complaints.
So while we do not claim to specialise in fertility, it is certainly an area that we have a special and passionate interest in. We also find our consistent results very gratifying!
It is also against the philosophy of both naturopathy and homeopathy to specialise – that is, to treat a complaint as if it was isolated from the person as a whole.
Infertility, like any chronic complaint, is the end result of the complex interaction of many factors. These include the heredity of the patient, their lifestyle and diet, health history, past drug treatments and the symptoms of all other systems of the body. Not the least of these factors is the mental and emotional health and spiritual wellbeing of the individual person.
That is the second point to be made. Our treatment is holistic, and that is why we feel we have results that are more impressive than IVF and at a very small fraction of the cost.
Of course, to treat infertility issues in women, one needs special skill in the treatment of female reproductive concerns and hormonal problems. They are the most obvious cause of a failure to achieve pregnancy. IVF by contrast is a mechanical attempt to bypass these problems. Our approach is to modify and if possible to fix the underlying disorder and thereby restore fertility naturally. Also, the same problems that cause infertility contribute to difficulties with pregnancy once it is achieved and with menopause later in life.
So if you come for fertility and/or preconception health and advice, rest assured that you will be treated as an individual, with remedies tailored to your exact spectrum of symptoms. Not only do you have a high chance of becoming pregnant, but you will likely feel healthier and more energised, with any other incidental complaints also resolved.
Below follows an extensive list of complaints treated with homeopathy and naturopathic principles at this Perth clinic. The conditions not generally related to fertility will redirect you to our main website for Cottesloe Naturopathic Clinic.
Please understand from what we have said above that all treatments are individually prescribed after an extensive consultation. No life-threatening complaints are treated, and any patients on drug treatment for serious and chronic conditions are advised to return to their doctor for monitoring before they attempt reducing drugs.
- Women’s problems. Menstrual and period issues: painful periods (dysmenorrhoea), irregular periods, amenorrhoea or absent periods, short cycle, heavy menses (menorrhagia), frequent periods (polymenorrhoea), PMS and PMT, ovarian cysts, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or disease (PCOD), fibrocystic breasts, tendency to miscarry, endometriosis and fibroids, problems of oestrogen dominance, luteal phase defect, thrush and candida, hostile mucus, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), thrush and candida.
- Male fertility and men’s health. Poor quality sperm, low sperm count (oligospermia), absent sperm (azoospermia), poor motility, abnormal shape. Other problems that may result in infertility in the male are treated, including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), PSA problems, low testosterone, premature ejaculation, impotence, low libido and poor stress response.
- Problems of pregnancy and labour. At this Perth naturopathic clinic we do advise the woman who achieves pregnancy to continue treatment for at least the first trimester. This is to ensure a healthy foetus and to minimise any risk of miscarriage. Most additional problems of the pregnant woman are treatable with homeopathy, including nausea of pregnancy or morning sickness, low energy, varicose veins, cramps, pre-eclampsia, blood sugar irregularities and sacroiliac and pubic symphysis pain and symphysiolysis. Homeopathy also helps the uterus prepare for birth, and remedies during labour assist the contractions, deal with failure to progress and help the body deal with the trauma and to recover afterwards.
- Problems of the menopause and peri-menopause. As already mentioned, the woman who has fertility problems is also likely to have issues with the menopause later in life. Treatment for infertility will help prepare for this normal and natural stage of life, which should present little difficulty in perfect health. Homeopathy and naturopathic treatment at this Perth clinic can remedy hot flushes, night sweats, palpitations, thinning hair, weight gain, low libido, dry skin and dry vagina, low energy, sleeping difficulties, mood swings and other problems.
- Problems of babies and infants. The end result of fertility treatment and a successful pregnancy is a newborn. Hopefully it will be healthy, and we find those women who have homeopathic preconception and pregnancy treatment do produce babies that have fewer problems than older siblings born prior to treatment. Naturopathic treatment and homeopathy can help with the following problems of babies and the newborn: colic and reflux, cradle cap, jaundice, nappy rash, teething, sleeping problems, delayed milestones, slow walking and talking, eczema and dermatitis, croup, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, ear infections (and other infections mentioned below).
- Children’s problems. Beyond the stage of infancy, all the other problems of children will be benefited by naturopathy and homeopathy, both acute and chronic: coughs, colds and flu’s, chest infections, tonsillitis, snoring, hay fever and other allergies, hives, ear infections and glue ear, school sores (impetigo), ringworm, molluscum, warts, worms and parasites, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, global developmental delay, autism, asthma, growing pains, “mysterious” abdominal pains, eczema and dermatitis, sleeping difficulties, insomnia, nightmares, night terrors, phobias and many more. Children represent the largest age group seen at this Perth clinic, and family treatment is our forte.
- Allergies. Allergies and intolerances are helped by homeopathic treatment in conjunction with naturopathy and are often eliminated. In all cases it is the underlying tendency that is targeted. Just identifying and eliminating foods is not the answer: the patient can just as easily become allergic to foods that replace the offending item. Desensitising to stubborn items can be done with homeopathy, which is especially beneficial for dust and cat and dog hair allergies. Please visit the separate pages on eczema and dermatitis, hay fever and asthma for more information.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia. This is one of the more common complaints we treat. There is much more information on the separate page for this condition. General fatigue, low energy, anaemia, blood sugar irregularities resulting in tiredness, hypoglycaemia, metabolic syndrome and poor immunity are also effectively treated.
- Eczema and dermatitis. This skin complaint, sometimes linked with allergies, is also a common presentation. As mentioned, we treat the underlying tendency, not just advise avoiding the allergen, by detoxifying the system, improving digestion and normalising the immune response. If necessary, homeopathic desensitising may be employed.
- Psoriasis. We have great success treating this irritating complaint with naturopathy and homeopathic medicine at this Perth clinic.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). This and all other problems of the digestive system are successfully treated: diarrhoea and constipation, wind and bloating, reflux and heartburn, worms and parasite infections, gastric and duodenal ulcers, haemorrhoids, anal fistula and fissures.
- Migraines and all types of headaches including hormonal and pre menstrual or menstrual migraines and cluster headaches.
- Back pain, prolapsed disc (slipped disc), sciatica, frozen shoulder, sacroiliac joint problems, tendinitis, bursitis, frozen shoulder, arthritis, osteoarthritis, tennis elbow, heel spurs, repetitive strain injury (RSI), and children’s growing pains and Osgood Schlatters syndrome.
- Mental and emotional problems. In homeopathy and our naturopathic understanding, this is the most important area of treatment. Balance on this level is vital for overall health and homeopathy excels in treating issues like anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), memory problems, ADHD and ADD
- Addictions including recreational drugs, alcohol, sugar and other food issues, including anorexia and bulimia
- Bladder infections (cystitis). Kidney disorders, urinary tract infections (UTI’s), waking at night to urinate (nocturia) and interstitial cystitis.
- Sleeping problems. Difficulty falling asleep (insomnia), waking frequently at night, restless sleep and restless leg syndrome, snoring, sleep apnoea and repetitive dreams and nightmares.
Sidebar First Menu
This is a general practice treating all problems. Here are links to pages on our main site www.cottnat.com.au that describe our approach to many other conditions:
- Cottesloe Naturopathic Clinic
- Unit 5, Napoleon Close Arcade
- 12-18 Napoleon Street
- Western Australia 6011
- Telephone 08 9385 1484
For a limited time only,
Mention this website and receive a 10% discount on your first consultation
Follow up phone consultations now available for country WA patients, after initial visit.
All treatments and advice are individually prescribed through consultation only.